Urgent – New Parents Needed! The Southwest Performing Arts Council's membership is primarily comprised of parents of students from the Class of 2021. With the end of this school year now somewhat in sight, we need new members to fill critical roles. Please consider these opportunities:
- President: Leads council meetings, secures updates from the board members, ensures all decisions of the Board of Directors are carried into effect, works closely with the Treasurer to track the non-profit's expenses relative to budgets, and serves as the primary spokesperson for the council. The President authors fundraising letters one to two times per year, and serves in an advisory capacity to the Hot Notes Committee. CLICK HERE TO EMAIL GEORGE STAGG, our current President if interested!
- Treasurer: Maintains accurate accounts of all moneyes of this corporation received or disbursed. Deposits all moneys, drafts, and checks in the name of - and to the credit of - this corporation in banks and depositories as designated by the Board of Directors. Uses accepted accounting practices in carrying forth these duties, and accordingly prepares financial reports.
- Secretary: Records meeting notes/minutes and maintains orderly records of the Council meetings and decisions. Provides notice of upcoming meetings to all Council members.
- Hot Notes Committee Co-Chair (2 Positions): Leads the committee to organize, plan, and implement all aspects of Hot Notes, the largest fundraising event of the school year to ensure ongoing funding of the performing arts programs at Southwest High School. CLICK HERE TO EMAIL BRIDGET O'BOYLE, current Hot Notes Committee Co-Chair
- Director of Marketing and Communications: This volunteer takes charge of all the SWPAC social media posting, email writing and publication, working with community groups to help publicize SWHS Performing Arts events, and keeping this website updated. If interested, please CLICK HERE TO EMAIL TOM HEDRICK, the current Director if this sounds like the right role for you.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Works with our Performing Arts Teachers to secure parent volunteer help for events, usually for concerts and theatre shows (ticket booth, program handout, ushers). This coordinator also helps secure volunteers for our Hot Notes fundraiser (set up, greeters, games, clean up, etc.)
- Theatre Producer: This volunteer assists the Director(s) of each theatre show with: communications to cast members and parents (rehearsal schedules, costume fittings, etc.), and coordinating various activities - tech crew, programs, cast parties, etc.
- General Board Members: Aside from the leadership positions described above, we can never have enough parents to help provide time, talent and points of view to fulfill the mission of the Southwest Performing Arts Council. Volunteers serve as ticket agents at concerts and theatre shows. They help run games and the silent auction - or arrange the catering or decorating - for our annual Hot Notes event. They network with local businesses to find new sponsors, or sometimes help send fundraising letters and other necessary things that become easier with more hands!
Copyright © Southwest High School Performing Arts Council • 3414 West 47th Street • Minneapolis, MN 55410 • firstname.lastname@example.org
All Rights Reserved